· Job Requisition: 36785
· Cooper Tire offers an entirely unique work experience because no matter what your title is, you’ll play a part in contributing to the development, manufacturing and marketing of some of the most innovative tire products in the world. Cooper is a fun and exciting place to work, and we easily stand apart from our competition. We’re constantly on the lookout for motivated individuals who lead by example and inspire others to greatness. The opportunities are endless and the rewards rich for those who believe that job satisfaction and career success begin with a satisfied customer. Careers are a Journey…Come Ride with Us!
· The Project Mechanical Engineer Co-op will be responsible for reviewing project instructions and blueprints to determine test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problems and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
· This will require a 40 hour work week.
· Job Specific Duties:
· Develop and test machinery and equipment under direction of plant engineer and/or senior engineers
· Draft detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet metal, electrical, or wood shops
· Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical, electrical, or electromechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment, servo systems, machine tools, and measuring instruments
· Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control
· Analyze indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications
· Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method
· May occasionally be involved in presentations and providing training for plant personnel
· Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program for Mechanical Engineering
· Must have completed at least the freshman year of undergrad studies
· Must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
· Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form
· Must have good problem-solving skills both from a troubleshooting and project planning standpoint
To apply for this job please visit careers.coopertire.com.