CSUN Mechanical Engineering
· CSUN’s Commitment to You: CSUN is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning and inclusion. Our values include a respect for all people, building partnerships with the community and the encouragement of innovation, experimentation and creativity.
· CSUN strives to cultivate a community in which a diverse population can learn and work in an atmosphere of civility and respect. CSUN is especially interested in candidates who make contributions to equity and inclusion in the pursuit of excellence for all members of the university community. For more information about the University,
· visit: http://www.csun.edu About the College: The College of Engineering and Computer Science seeks to be a recognized center for excellence for baccalaureate and master’s education in computer science and in engineering and provides quality education for its diverse student population.
· The College is also a partner in the professional communities of computer science and engineering and provides an essential link between students’ education and professional practice. For information about the College ,CSUN Mechanical Engineering
· visit our website at: https://www.csun.edu/engineering-computer-science About the Department: The mission of the Mechanical Engineering department is to provide a broad, rigorous, application-oriented, and contemporary understanding of mechanical engineering that prepares graduates for successful careers and lifelong learning. The Mechanical Engineering faculty is committed to providing a supportive student-centered environment for their students.
· The emphasis areas within the department include controls and robotics, energy and thermal-fluid systems, as well as mechanical design. MS programs in each of the areas include the option for a unique thesis experience. The emphasis areas within the department include controls and robotics, energy and thermal-fluid systems, as well as mechanical design. For information about the department,
· visit our website at: https://www.csun.edu/engineering-computerscience/mechanical-
· engineering Qualifications: Candidates must have received their Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related discipline, from an accredited institution by the effective date of employment. In addition to a broad background in the discipline of Mechanical Engineering, research interests and experience in the area of solid mechanics are sought, with an emphasis on advanced composite materials, architectured and hierarchical materials, or smart materials and adaptive structures. Those specializing in theoretical, computational, and experimental work will all be considered.
· Candidates should be able to teach the core content of the Mechanical Engineering curriculum at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as possess the ability to develop and supervise hands-on projects for the senior design culminating experience. In line with CSUN’s instructional approach, candidates should develop proficiency with learning-centered and active learning strategies, and demonstrate a commitment to implementation of these in the curriculum. Additionally, candidates should demonstrate pursuit of approaches which promote retention of students in traditionally underserved and underrepresented groups.
· The ability to develop and conduct an effective multidisciplinary research program in one of the research areas highlighted above should be evident. Candidates are expected to pursue external funding from state, federal, and private entities, supervise student research at the undergraduate and graduate level, and publish in reputable peer-reviewed journals. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment and ability to teach, mentor and work with a diverse student population. Proficiency in both written and oral communication in English is required. Rev 10/02/17 Page | 2 At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States. Responsibilities: Teaching responsibilities include instruction in undergraduate and graduate courses, as well as supervision of senior design projects. Active and effective participation in curriculum development, assessment and accreditation, as well as other departmental, college and university service is expected. Initiation and maintenance of creative scholarly activities as well as an externally funded research program are expected. This includes the supervision of student research, including thesis projects at the Master’s level. Candidates are also expected to provide academic and professional advisement to undergraduate and graduate students. The successful candidate will be held to the standards and requirements of the college and department in which he/she is housed for recommending tenure and promotion.
To apply for this job please visit www.csun.edu.