· DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR’s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
· Job Description
· DLZ Corporation is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to joing our team South Bend or Indianapolis, IN.
· Responsibilities & Duties:
· Design heating-ventilation-cooling systems and plumbing systems.
· Load calculations, life cycle costing and energy modeling.
· Coordinate with other disciplines and work in a team environment.
· Review installation of designed equipment/systems for compliance with construction documents.
· Perform duties with multiple projects within the established schedules.
· Work on a wide variety of project types, scales and complexity.
· Work on technical production of projects.
· Collaborate with other design disciplines.
· Work on concurrent projects.
· Prepare construction cost estimates, both in a broad and detailed scope
· Assist in the development of contract specifications and research the application of new procedures and/or products.
· Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
· Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Job Requirements:
· Bachelor or Masters of Mechanical Engineering Degree required
· 0 – 3 years relevant work experience
· Revit skills are preferred
· Experience in the design, layout, and analysis for HVAC and plumbing systems preferred.
· Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification within 6 months of hire required, pursuing Professional Engineer (PE) license
· Experience working on publicly-funded and municipal projects is a plus.
· Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
· At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
· DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers-dlz.icims.com.