· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
· 5 years of experience in a server assembly/system integration manufacturing engineering role.
· Experience in process or product development working with PDM systems and bill of materials (BOM) construction.
· Experience with problem solving, root cause analysis, and troubleshooting product-related failure.
· Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
· Experience overseeing yield improvements and cycle time reductions.
· Experience with test strategies definition and test plan development.
· Ability to proactively influence the product design process by proposing improvements with associated data.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills.
· Excellent leadership with written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
As a Product Engineer, you will be responsible for evaluating the product designs and creating the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s data center hardware. Our product engineers provide support to both our contract manufacturers and cross-fuctional Google teams (i.e., technical operations, operations, quality, etc.), driving reliable, sustainable, and low risk manufacturing processes to ensure on time delivery of high quality Google products.
You will collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
· Provide full factory support for all Google Cloud hardware solutions including go/no-go approval, plans for production ramp, test readiness, and change management.
· Provide engineering validation and sign off of all production product hardware and software changes.
· Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective/preventive actions to improve product quality and reliability.
· Coordinate engineering initiatives across quality, manufacturing, mechanical, and partner engineering teams.
· Engage with product design engineering teams to drive improvements on future Google Cloud hardware solutions.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.