google mechanical engineer jobs
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
· Experience with mechanical design
· Experience in 3D modeling with Creo, Solidworks, or NX
· Ability to travel internationally
· Experience with display mechanical design and supplier collaboration for mass production
· Experience with tolerance analysis and Cpk control
· Experience with mechanics, materials, machining and plastic injection molding
· Familiar with LCD and OLED display module mechanical structure
About The Job
As a Display Mechanical Engineer, you will design, develop and integrate display technologies for Google hardware products. You will define display mechanical outlines and specifications, oversee system product design and assembly, work cross-functionally with multiple teams, and work actively to solve display mechanical issues during all production phases.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
· Create and review display 3D models and drawings, and define mechanical specifications.
· Define display module statistical process control dimensions and review measurement results from display suppliers and system assembly manufacturers.
· Work with electrical engineers for display rigid or flexible printed circuit board design.
· Analyze display mechanical failures from assembly and reliability tests, and manage improvements in display, design, and process.
· Work with quality engineers to review the display module process and display handling and system assembly process to achieve high display yield.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.