· Howmet Aerospace is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com. Follow @howmet: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
· The Product Engineer Intern position will be located in our Plant 10, Whitehall Casting Operation. We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic student to join our Plant 10 team as a Product Engineer Summer Intern. This position will assist engineering and manufacturing in driving improvements in quality and delivery performance through process control and improvement initiatives. Projects will include scrap improvements, hold inventory reduction, shop floor observations for efficiency improvements and cost reductions, process monitoring tool development and usage.
· Basic Requirements:
· Minimum completion of Sophomore level coursework from an accredited institution.
· Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
· This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
· Preferred Qualifications:
· Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering) from an accredited institution.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Ability to work in a self-directed or team environment.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Relevant internship/work/research experience a plus
To apply for this job please visit emhl.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.