· Are you Ready to Engineer Your Career? At IMEG Corp., one of the largest design consulting firms in the U.S., we strive to provide exciting and rewarding career opportunities to our team members. We work hard and are passionate about what we do but also love to have fun along the way. We celebrate the ability to be a firm of nearly 1800+ employees in the US and beyond who still provides a local office approach and feel to each of our employee-owners. From opportunities to get involved and give back locally through our Community Involvement Committees to the ability to partner with exciting clients, we take our jobs seriously but have a great time in the process.
As a company, we believe in investing in our team members and providing an environment for expansive growth. We put people first. We are proud to say we are a 100% employee-owned organization and take pride in our commitment to being a great place to work. We support this commitment through work-life balance, flexibility, continuous training and development opportunities, and community impact. We reward innovation, hard work, and support a culture of sustainability.
IMEG Corp. is growing, and we’d love to have you join our team! We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern in our Cleveland, OH office. As a Mechanical Engineering Intern you will be responsible for assisting with calculations, system design, equipment selections, reports, progress submittals and BIM instructions for your projects to assure project completeness and accuracy within the allocated period of time and monetary budget. All of these are done in accordance with IMEG design standards.
Some key duties and responsibilities include:
· Assist with design portions of a project related to discipline systems according to code and IMEG standards;
· Assist with researching resources for commercially available equipment;
· Assist with good client relations, project design notebook, and provide documentation for permanent record files;
· Assist with coordinating design and schedule with other disciplines such as architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, technology, clerical and equipment suppliers;
· Assist with documenting design decisions, meetings, and instructions from client promptly while monitoring project design progress;
· Assist with review of all project documents for accuracy and completeness prior to requesting a final check;
· Assist with preparation and issuance of addendum information;
· Conduct periodic job site observations and all other services as required by the contract services agreement;
· Key skills and abilities needed for the position are:
· Strong interest in design consulting.
· Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs, CAD software and BIM;
· Ability to clearly communicate in both oral and written communication to individuals or groups.
· Education and experience requirements are:
· Completed Sophomore year towards Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
· Prior internship experience with building systems design and/or knowledge of construction techniques a plus.
· So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.