· Our Mechanical Project Engineers are highly valued and are relied on to provide technical leadership in their area of expertise. Our Mechanical Project Engineers are one of the first to be consulted for any major construction project related to wet and dry mechanical facilities systems.
· This position will be based in Chandler, Arizona and relocation assistance will be provided..
· As a Mechanical Project Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Assess the feasibility of new projects.
· Develop a more detailed scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and project engineers from other disciplines.
· Serve as the Owner’s representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution.
· Be the primary leaders who develop discipline scope and engineering solutions for construction projects.
· Interface and coordinate with contract design, construction, scheduling, and estimating resources.
· Interface with facilities staff and project managers to enable facility design efforts for their area of expertise.
· Define design criteria, lead scope definition and justification, develop design concepts, and oversee completion of positioning, programming, and detailed design.
· Work with estimators to ensure costs are captured and project budgets are met.
· Have strong knowledge of Intel’s master specifications and standards yet use our change process to improve those standards and drive innovative solutions.
· The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
· Written, visual and verbal communication – especially in communicating technical issues.
· Collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations, and geographic boundaries.
· Highly team and quality-oriented.
· Value for safety and a safe project environment.
· You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
· Minimum Qualifications:
· The candidate must possess at least one of the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field with 4+ years of experience in control methods for mechanical systems, Architectural and engineering projects, Construction, start-up, and commissioning/turnover of facilities systems
· Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience in control methods for mechanical systems, Architectural and engineering projects, Construction, start-up, and commissioning/turnover of facilities systems
· Preferred Qualifications:
· Technical writing.
· Focus on industrial, semiconductor, and cleanroom projects.
· Experience with building and fire codes and hazardous occupancies.
· Familiarity with Autocad, P/ID’s, Pipeflo, and BIM.
· Registration as a Professional Engineer.
· Inside this Business Group
· As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art — from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.intel.com.