· About the job
· If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
WHO is KZValve?
KZValve by KZCO, inc. is a valve actuation company focused on the Agriculture, Fire, De-icing, Marine, and Water Processing industries. We recently were acquired by IDEX Corporation in May 2022 and located between Lincoln & Omaha near Ashland-Greenwood, a half mile North of exit 420. We specialize in low-voltage actuators and valves in sizes from 1/4 inch to 6 inches. Our facility and staff design, engineer, assemble, and then sell our finished goods. KZValves sales channel is primarily direct to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and through a network of Authorized Stocking Distributors. We design and produce our products from internally based ideas and engineering as well as specific requests from our current and prospective customers. This position is based out of our Greenwood Nebraska manufacturing plant. The primary function of this role is to work closely with the engineering department and at times the production department in the design of our products as well as getting those products released to manufacturing.
The Mechanical Engineer Intern will work directly with other engineers, technicians, managers, and production personnel. This individual will perform detailed mechanical design and 3-D modeling using Pro-Engineering software. They will also utilize working and analytical knowledge of various mechanical engineering techniques associated with form, fit, and function in specified operational environments under the guidance of the Director of Engineering and the staff within the department. Regular communication with other engineers and technicians is necessary to promote a close-knit, flexible and highly adaptive engineering team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide support to the design, development, prototype fabrication, and verification testing of our products and production equipment.
· At times may perform detailed system and sub-system analysis, simulation, and design work as required.
· May participate in the assembly, system test planning, and system test procedure generation for first articles or first piece builds.
· Provide mechanical engineering skills and experience to support production operations and quality management efforts under the guidance of other mechanical and electrical engineers and the production manager.
· Will have the chance to assist in forecasting costs associated with the use of materials and engineering services for new products and customer requests for custom parts.
· Adequately document processes, procedures and testing using structured KZCO formats. Learn and utilize the KZCO Quality Management System (QMS).
· Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: KZValve
Job Segment: FMT Fluid & Metering Technologies
To apply for this job please visit idexcorporation.jobs.