· L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
· L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
· Job Title: Mechanical Engineer Co-op – Spring 2023 (Waco, TX)
· Job Location: Waco, Texas
· Job Description:
· Provide mechanical engineering support for both new product development activities as well as factory support of existing products
· Translate product requirements into a mechanical specification and test plan to be used for development
· Execute verification testing as defined by the mechanical specification and test plan
· Conduct design analysis and testing, both structural and thermal, to prove design will meet customer requirements
· Responsible for understanding customer needs, generating test procedures and finally executing the test
· Generate and/or process engineering change orders (ECO’s) as required
· Work directly with mechanical designers on CAD models and part documentation
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Materials Science Engineering or related field
· GPA of 3.0 or greater
· Preferred Skills:
· CAD or analysis (FEA) tools exposure, and/or experience in mechanical design or analysis of electronic systems, structures and mechanisms
· Familiarity with transducer instrumentation, data collection and or automation and software programming for numerical analysis
· Must be able to apply the principles of Structural Mechanics to predict internal stresses and structural instabilities
· Must be able to generate free body diagrams, determine reaction forces, calculate internal loads, and develop shear and moment diagrams
· Working knowledge of one programming language
· Familiarity with finite element methods and fatigue and damage tolerance principles
To apply for this job please visit careers.l3harris.com.