META - Facebook
In this internship role, you will be responsible for manufacturing research and development to help solve complex manufacturing problems. The result will have a direct impact on product quality, cost and delivery of Reality Lab (RL) products. You will help to define and implement manufacturing processes using advanced robotic systems and computer vision for high precision assembly processes.
Our internships are twelve (12) to sixteen (16) weeks long, and we have various start dates throughout the year.
DFx Manufacturing Engineer Intern, RL Responsibilities
· Partner with DFx Engineers to identify and resolve manufacturing challenges by following best DFx practices and principles.
· Develop advanced manufacturing assembly process using computer vision and robotics.
· Work closely with contact manufacturer to develop new or improved assembly fixture and automation system to enhance product quality and production efficiency
· Capture all build issues during engineering development and propose solution if possible
· Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineer or related field.
· Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
· Experience in robotic programming tools. Such as Pythons, C++, C# and Matlab
· Experience in machine machine vision setup and programming
· Experience in statistical analysis tools. Such as Minitab, Jmp
· Experience in CAD system design tools. Such as Pro-E, NX or Catia
· Prior internship or work experience in a collaboration-heavy, cross-functional team
· Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
· Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
· Self-motivated with impeccable organizational, multi-tasking, communication and critical thinking skills
To apply for this job please visit www.metacareers.com.