We are actively pursuing interns with Mechanical Engineering background to complete a 10 plus week internship program at our Whiting Mill located in Stevens Point, WI starting in May 2023. The internship will provide exposure to many aspects of operations including a multi-functional team setting, real time production, process experience and project work with specific deliverables and exposure to the mill leadership team.
Ideal candidates will possess high initiative and drive, with a curiosity to perpetually learn and improve our business. Key requirements include the ability to analyze information to find opportunities, effectively communicate, and work collaboratively in a team setting. Rate of pay ranges from $20/hour to $25/hour depending upon experience.
· Work with Engineering and Operations teams on process efficiency improvements, cost savings and/or technology advancement.
· Attending meetings with leadership team, reporting out and assigned tasks from meeting.
· Work with engineers and identify paper defects.
· Work with leadership to modify or create standard operating procedures.
· Project work as assigned by mill management.
· Individual must be currently enrolled and working toward a degree with a concentration in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
· Student will need to have completed a minimum of 1-full years of course work with preference for individuals who have completed 2-full years.
· Preference is a minimum 3.0 GPA in your academic field of study.
· Must have solid Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel.
· Ideal candidates will possess high initiative and drive, with a curiosity to perpetually learn and improve our business.
· Key requirements include the ability to analyze information to find opportunities, effectively synthesize and communicate findings, and work collaboratively in a team setting.
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries.
To apply for this job please visit ejff.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.