Nexus Valve, Inc.
The Mechanical Engineer must be familiar with the Engineering design process and specifications leading to assembly documents. This position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Work is reviewed for the application of sound professional judgment.
· Perform fieldwork and technical research.
· Perform technical studies and calculations.
· Maintain project files and documentation.
· Certify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility.
· Allocate tasks to project team members.
· Provide necessary sustaining support to existing products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
Build expertise in compliance, testing and overall product integrity.
Be a contributing member of the engineering team including; determining requirements, providing project estimation, and delivering quality mechanical designs.
Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
Act as a mechanical expert; keep abreast of technological advances and what would be available for use in current or future products.
Assist in ensuring the correctness, completeness, and overall quality of work products completed by the engineering team.
Design concepts for development of new products.
Assist Quality Department when issues arise.
Employee must demonstrate exceptional job-related knowledge and understanding of their specialty or department
Employee must share information, concepts, and opinions with others in a relevant and meaningful way that results in clear understanding and desired outcomes.
· Technical Capacity
· Production Design
· Problem Solving/Analysis
· Organizational Skills
· Team Oriented
· Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this position, an employee is regularly required sit for long periods; stand; talk and hears both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, finger, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop, bend and lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Physical exertion is required to occasionally bend, stoop or stretch and periodically move items.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate standard office equipment, including computer keyboard.
· Ability to read and interpret documents and to ensure accuracy of written information.
· Ability to hear and speak to exchange information both in person and over the telephone.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Approximately 10% travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelors of Science degree in mechanical engineering.
· Proven experience developing solid, effective technical relationships.
· Experience with AutoCAD or other industry specific modeling tool.
· Strong working knowledge of mechanical engineering, including demonstrated proficiency in calculations and/or modeling associated with this discipline (e.g., FEA).
Preferred Education and Experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
· Ability to prepare detail design drawings and specifications for systems/components related to the particular discipline, as assigned.
· Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Experience and/or training in safe work environments and maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
· Must have excellent team skills to serve as a mentor to other engineers within the company, helping them develop their design, analysis and problem solving skills.
· Must be self-motivating in a lightly supervised environment.
· Must work well under stress.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
No special work authorization or security clearance are required for this position.
Nexus Valve, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Nexus Valve, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nexus Valve, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Nexus Valve, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.