Nikola Motor Company
· You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
· We feel exactly the same way. Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
· We’re currently on the lookout for someone to work with the Battery team as we bring our disruptive technology to market. The Electro-Mechanical Engineering Intern will be a proactive, responsible individual who is enthusiastic about learning and developing on their own and with appropriate guidance, demonstrates a whatever-it-takes attitude to safely drive assigned work tasks to completion, considers how their work impacts others and treats the company and its resources as their own.
· As we continue to build the battery safety team within the propulsion testing organization, we’re looking for an Electro-Mechanical Engineering Intern who will work from our Phoenix HQ. Based on relevant project and/or team requirements, this individual will be required to support wide-ranging activities including but not limited to design of experiments (for battery cell, module and pack level), mechanical fixturing and/or other related design work, instrumentation, test setup and/or execution, data acquisition and/or analysis, critical technical reviews, technical documentation, test and validation etc. while working as a part of and/or collaborating and communicating with cross-functional teams internal and external to Nikola.
You will also:
· Undertake high voltage and other internal trainings to perform work safely and effectively
· Proactively ensure that you have the requisite resources to perform assigned work tasks
· Communicate issues concisely and with agility
· Effectively collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams
· At times, support another team within the propulsion testing organization when directed. This might include support to implement tests which will validate the functions, interfaces, and interactions of the system
· Support to ensure battery safety related project schedules and program milestones are met
· Be proactively engaged in all aspects of assigned and/or related battery projects
· Preferred Experience:
· Currently in college OR a recent college graduate in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics Engineering
· Some experience in related areas from prior internship, school projects etc. preferred
· Ability and/or willingness to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, think critically and work independently, deliver concise written and verbal communication and make timely decisions.
· Motivation and willingness to manage multiple assignments simultaneously with appropriate guidance and supervision
· Limited or no travel anticipated for this role at this time
· Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada.
To apply for this job please visit nikolamotor.com.