Job Summary And Primary Responsibilities
Join the NuVasive Global Implants Systems Team this Summer as a Development Engineer Intern. This opportunity will help you grow in your career and we will provide training and mentorship as you hone your skills and build confidence. The candidate will ideally work full time (40 hours per week) during the summer and transition to part time (10-20 hours per week pending schedule) during the fall semester.
During this internship, you will also have an opportunity to: Spend the summer supporting various development project within the Interbody & Advanced Material Science (AMS) group. Tasks may include design, drawing creation, prototype development and testing, administrative tasks, Engineering Change Orders (ECO), cadaver lab support, and more. You will be an active member of a project team, with opportunities to work cross-functionally with marketing, quality, regulatory, and manufacturing counterparts.
Required Skills / Capabilities
· Practical experience with CAD Software (Creo preferred)
· Practical experience with FEA (finite element analysis) software
· Basic understanding of additive manufacturing processes (plastic and/or metal)
Education And Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· In pursuit of 4th year of Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
· Must be currently enrolled in school with a successful completion of 3 years of undergraduate studies
· Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
· Ability to provide college transcripts as well as a letter of recommendation from a faculty member
· Candidates are responsible for their own housing and transportation during the internship
· Must be eligible to work in the United States
· Practical experience with CAD (computer aided design) software including modeling, drawings, and assemblies
· Basic understanding of mechanical engineering principles and manufacturing processes
For roles based in the United States that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here . NuVasive’s EEO policy is available here .
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives.
To apply for this job please visit nuvasive.avature.net.