PCNA’s Quality Engineering Staff is responsible for identifying, assessing and managing root cause/corrective actions for technical issues requiring timely solutions for the ‘Field,’ thus ensuring successful completion of the ‘quality circle.’ Quality Engineering strives for timely issue resolution in the form of engineering changes, and or the coordination of formally communicated measures for the Field. Supporting PCNA’s QE staff involves a working across all vehicle-engineering disciplines (KEFAG+HV) in support of quality improvement.
· Analyze Warranty Cases: Involves (1) Monitoring for frequent product quality issues, including issues that may lead to Lemon Law repurchases; (2) discovery of new product quality issues unknown to PAG; (3) establishing a correlation of known product quality issues relevant to monthly vehicle repurchase cases; (4) gauging effectiveness of engineering solutions implemented in the market; (5) supporting the Hotline and Field Technical Managers to resolve and mitigate cases requiring Engineering involvement .
· Lemon Law Repurchase Review: Technical review of repurchases and increased control for repurchases initiated for technical reasons, both within customer commitment and at the dealer level. This information serves as an important quality metric.
Qualifications of Ideal Candidate
· Completed, or in the process of completing requirements for an Engineering Degree (ABET accredited BSME or BSEE), and a hands-on technical background
· Theoretical and Practical automotive knowledge across all vehicle engineering disciplines
· Knowledge of the German language and culture
· Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Able to learn new information quickly and to apply it as needed to his or her responsibilities
· Passion for the Porsche brand
· Self-starter with the ability to structure tasks with minimal supervision
· Internships are generally 6-months in duration with the option to extend. We do not offer sponsorship.
Exclusive look behind the scenes
Porsche is an equal opportunity employer and we take pride in our diversity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Porsche will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Porsche does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, family and medical leave status, military status, criminal conviction history, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.porsche.com.