Rigaku Analytical Devices is leading with innovation to pioneer a portfolio of handheld spectroscopic
analyzers for use in the protection of public health and safety, aid in the advancement of scientific
and academic study, enable the recycle and reuse of metal alloys, and ensure quality of key metal
alloy components in mission-critical industries.
We are currently searching for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a background in optics or
optical assemblies to join our product quality team.
Design intuitive and manageable fixtures both for new products and to improve legacy products
• Develop reliable procedures for use in manufacturing
• Maintain the equipment, tools and samples used in the manufacture and service
• Work closely with cross functional team to carry out tests, validations and project plans
• Escalation point for system troubleshooting
• Identify and address root cause to production quality issues with a focus on opto-mechanical
• Work with contractors, suppliers and 3rd party vendors when technical expertise is needed
• Track and analyze system performance trends
• Participate with continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization
• Will be called upon to train employees on new or improved procedures
• Key player in the Rigaku Quality Management System
Mechanical Engineering Degree required
• 3+ years of direct optical experience preferred
• Must have experience working with hand held Raman & LIBS instrumentation
• Must be able use Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) proficiently
• Must be proficient in the use of Solid Works
The position will be based in Wilmington, MA.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence.
Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts,
401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally
work in the US
To apply for this job please visit careers-rigaku.icims.com.