Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC
· About the job
· The JM Family College Internship Program is designed to create an opportunity for college students to have meaningful work experiences that tie to their programs of study. The program is a 10-week paid internship. Students must be available to intern from June 5 – August 11, 2023. Students in the program will actively contribute to their team’s success, learn about JM Family’s company and culture and obtain new skills through learning opportunities and networking events. The individual selected for this internship will be responsible for supporting their department in a variety of functions and will have exposure to activities related to the department’s initiatives. The intern will also gain access to professional development opportunities through the internship program. Some of these opportunities include business presentation skills classes, lunch and learns and career readiness workshops.
JM Family Enterprises, Inc. was founded by automotive legend, Jim Moran in 1968. It is a privately held company with $18 billion in revenue and more than 4,700 associates. Rooted in automotive and united in its strong culture and core values, JM Family is in the business of helping other businesses succeed. As a long-term partner, it is invested in its companies, associates and its communities. Driven by exceptional performance, current subsidiaries are in the automotive, financial services and franchising industries. Its family of companies includes: Southeast Toyota Distributors , the world’s largest independent distributor of Toyota vehicles; JM&A Group , a company committed to improving automotive dealers’ performance by offering Finance & Insurance products and services, dealership training and consulting; World Omni Financial Corp. ( dba Southeast Toyota Finance ), a captive financial services company driven to delivering an exceptional dealership and customer experience for Toyota customers in the Southeast; JM Lexus , one of South Florida’s leading Lexus dealers; Home Franchise Concepts® , a multi-brand franchise network consisting of Budget Blinds® , Tailored Living® featuring PremierGarage® , Concrete Craft® , AdvantaClean® , Kitchen Tune-Up® , Bath Tune-Up® , Two Maids® and Aussie Pet Mobile®; and Futura Title & Escrow , a family of leading independent title and escrow companies which includes Alliance Title & Escrow , AmeriTitle , Pacific Alliance Title , and Kittitas Title and Escrow. JM Family has earned various awards for its culture, products and services, including 24 consecutive years on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Interact with JM Family on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram and LinkedIn .
We are seeking an Industrial Engineering Intern with a strong desire to learn and grow their academic knowledge as a partner in our professional environment. Th e internship will include projects and tasks that relate to time studies, standardized work, 5S, Kaizen projects as well as some facilities and line layout.
Responsibilities May Include
· 5S Projects and development of s tandards processes at VPC production departments
· Westlake site expansion and site layout to accommodate additional work bays
· Support for S tandardized work in Wheels and Tires at Talleyrand and Westlake
· Assist with future production facility design , layout as needed
· Documentation and SharePoint site creation that is a resource for Ambassadors, IE’s , and leaders. Scope to include A3’s of completed projects, time study documentation and templates, PSA & kaizen templates, 5S templates, dashboard for projects and ambassadors, standardized work procedures, etc
· Job Requirements
· Must be a minimum of 18 years old at the start of the program (June 5, 2023)
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
· Ideal candidate will be actively enrolled in a Bachelor of Science degree seeking program at an accredited college or university with a focus in Industrial Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering (qualified candidates actively enrolled for a degree in a related field will also be considered) and must have completed at least one semester of classes .
· Relevant completed coursework including Operations Research, Systems Simulation, Work Design and Facility Planning, Manufacturing or similar .
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail .
· Excellent written and verbal communications necessary .
· Team player .
To apply for this job please visit corporatecareers-jmfamily.icims.com.