Entry-level Manufacturing Engineer
Stratedigm is seeking a bright, enthusiastic and independent entry-level manufacturing engineer. This position offers the qualified candidate an opportunity to learn about a wide range of engineering disciplines including robotics, opto-mechanics, electronic packaging for analytical instruments, lasers, designing verification and validation protocols, designing test fixtures and creating manufacturing documentation.
Roles and responsibilities
The successful candidate for this position needs to be a quick learner and comfortable wearing many hats in a fast paced and demanding environment. The general responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
1. Gain working knowledge of the company’s products, including optics, fluidics, electronics, software and basic applications
2. Aid in managing inventory and suppliers
3. Assemble & test cell analysis instrumentation based on written procedures
4. Aid in optimizing manufacturing and QC procedures
5. Manage Stratedigm’s additive manufacturing production
6. Create test and assembly instructions for new products
7. Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on customer systems
8. Attend trade shows, exhibits, customer demos and product installations
9. Perform service calls and provide online support for hardware and software issues
10. Participate in designing improvements for current products
11. Update service logs and online records
12. Update existing documentation to reflect improvements in reliability
13. Participate in generating service guidelines for new products
14. Participate in generating hardware and software manuals
1. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, aerospace, chemical or industrial engineering
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office
3. Familiar with Adobe suite
4. Computer savvy with working knowledge of hardware and various software related to the candidates’ degree
5. Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
6. This job requires 10% domestic and international travel
7. Fluent in English, reading and writing
1. Master’s degree in a related engineering field
2. Experience in manufacturing
3. Experience working with customers in retail or customer support
The following are traits that Stratedigm seeks in qualified candidates:
1 Integrity: Communicates and acts openly and honestly. Takes responsibility for results and shares credit fairly.
2 Persistence: Adapts to changing and challenging objectives with determination to succeed. Frames problems and challenges effectively to ensure the success of the customer, team, project and organization.
3 Courage: Sets aggressive goals and takes calculated risks to ensure Stratedigm meets or exceeds financial goals. Never afraid to tackle new responsibilities.
4 Teamwork: Acts for the good of the many.
5 Initiative: Confronts and solves issues.
6 Customer Focus: Makes internal and external customers successful. Lives Stratedigm’s core values.
7 Innovation: Ability to solve problems creatively and on schedule and budget in order to meet customer needs.
8 Negotiation: Effective negotiator, willing to invest time to create optimized solutions rather than early compromises.
9 Fiscal responsibility: Manage budgets effectively and stretches the value of a dollar.
10 Constant improvement: Desire to improve on previous accomplishment and willingness to accept increased responsibility.
Stratedigm’s core values
· We persevere
· We learn from our mistakes and face our successes with humility
· We look each other in the eyes and tell the truth
· We will never take any steps that are detrimental to our organization
· We demand ownership over our deliverables and accept accountability
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org