· Calling all Creators, Innovators, Dreamers, and Out-Of-The-Box Thinkers.
· Come be part of the company that is changing the way the world looks at flying. Textron eAviation is the only company in the world that has a fully electric airplane that is being sold to customers round the world and teaching the next generation of pilots how to fly. As we grow to meet the challenges of tomorrow, we need more motivated and out-of-the-box thinkers ready to join us on our journey. From creative thinking to digital design and advanced manufacturing methods, our team is creating the future of flight.
· A Day in the Life of an Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering Intern:
· Textron eAviation is seeking Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering Interns to join a dynamic team that is leading the future of aviation. We are seeking Engineers that strive daily for innovation and settle for nothing less than excellence. The selected candidate will support Textron eAviation Engineering in one or a variety of the following areas for mechanical components depending on business need:
· Design Team: Work with engineers to support new structural, mechanical or rotating component designs, conduct aircraft structural analysis and evaluate technologies.
· Responsibilities May Include:
· Successful Engineering candidates would perform design engineering; stress and fatigue analysis; flight test engineering and other engineering related activities, depending upon placement within the organization.
· Work with area engineers to resolve questions on estimated time values and make revisions if required.
· Work with engineering management to receive assignments and make recommendations for improvements.
· Mechanical components include airframe, rotors, drives, hydraulics, engine, structures, fatigue, analysis, and more
· Minimum Requirements:
· Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other relative technical field
· Must have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours by the start of the internship.
· PC proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work effectively within a team.
· Ability to prioritize a variety of assignments.
· Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Ideal Candidates Also Have:
· Enovia, CAMS, CATIA, SolidWorks, ANSYS, or any Excel expertise.
· Statistical analysis, basic principles of scheduling, technical writing skills.
· Public speaking and/or leadership potential, exceptional communication skills, passion, and outside accomplishments.
· Practical experience in a manufacturing or design company, shop or lab experience is a plus.
· Willingness to learn, take direction and constructive criticism, self-motivated, organizational skills, will question the status quo, take initiative, be a self-starter, focused on safety.
· Aircraft Industry passion (Fixed Wing, Rotorcraft, Unmanned), Mechanical, Robotics, Programming.
· Linux, C/C++, Matlab, Gaming Engines (Unreal, Unity), 3D Modeling (3D Max, Blender), VR (Vive, Oculus).
To apply for this job please visit textron.taleo.net.