· POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME) at the University of California, Riverside invites applications for an open-rank Professor of Teaching position. A Professor of Teaching is a member of the academic senate and will be expected to teach six quarter-based classes per year. This position is equivalent in level to other professor positions, but with emphasis placed on excellence in teaching and instruction-related activities. This appointment requires evidence of, or potential for, exceptional undergraduate teaching, professional achievement, and service to the academic community. Applicants from all areas of Mechanical Engineering are encouraged to apply.
· The ME Department is home to 24 faculty members, 89 graduate students, and 511 undergraduate students. The prominence of our relatively young department is rising quickly, as evidenced by the most recent National Research Council and U.S. News and World Report rankings, which place our program in the first and second quartile, respectively, of all ME graduate programs in the nation. Our faculty are leaders in their respective fields. Many have been honored with prestigious national and international awards and serve as Editors and/or Editorial Board Members of prominent journals. Our researchers are clustered around seven multi-disciplinary areas, and affiliated with multiple Centers and Programs across campus toward achieving cutting-edge research. Thanks to this rich academic environment, our graduates are well-prepared to pursue successful careers in academia, federal research facilities, and high-tech companies. The ME department strategic plan projects growth in such areas as controls, robotics, and systems engineering.
· The Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering (BCOE) is a well-established, rapidly growing college at UCR. Ranked in the top 50 public engineering colleges by U.S. News & World Report, BCOE has 130 faculty members, more than 3,100 undergraduate students, 900 graduate students, and more than $46 million in total annual research expenditures. The college is home to five departments, nine undergraduate programs, seven graduate programs, and nine research centers.
· Appointments are expected to begin July 1, 2022. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. The candidates must have met the requirements for the Ph.D. by the time of appointment. Advancement through the faculty ranks at the University of California is through a series of structured, merit-based evaluations, occurring every 2-3 years, each of which includes substantial peer input.
· To apply for the position interested individuals are required to submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, three letters of references or contact information for three references, a Statement of Teaching, a Statement of Research, and a Contribution to Diversity Statement to the AP Recruit website at https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/JPF01463. Inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Full consideration will be given to applications received by January 2, 2022. The search will continue until the position is filled. For more information regarding the specific areas of interest and application procedures, please visit https://www.engr.ucr.edu/about/career-opportunities
· Department: https://www.me.ucr.edu/
· Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
· Must have met the requirements for the Ph.D. by the time of appointment.
Preferred qualifications· UCR is a world-class research university with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS BY LEVEL· ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF TEACHING
Assistant Professor of Teaching
Please provide three letters of recommendation
· Document requirements
Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence – In a “Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive Excellence”, we ask applicants to describe their past and/or potential future contributions to promoting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, which is a key requirement of the role of every faculty member and administrator at UCR. There are numerous ways to contribute, and a commitment to this part of our mission can be reflected through research, teaching, supervision, mentoring, community engagement, service, and any of the other varied activities that are a part of an academic career.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
UCR Mechanical Engineering
To apply for this job please visit aprecruit.ucr.edu.