· About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has more than 20,000 employees, sales of € 4.3 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.
For the Voith Hydro division Engineering department, we are looking for:
Mechanical Engineer I
· Reasons you’ll love working here:
Health and safety are a top priority with all of our roles and sites:
· Career development: Plan on developing both professionally and personally. Voith Learning & Development team creates classes, seminars, and beyond-the-classroom tools that help employees understand Voith’s culture, organization, values, and role in the world. Voith also provide Tuition Reimbursement for all employees past the first year of employment.
· Benefits: Our range of offered benefits can include medical, dental, vision, life insurances, starting on first of month on or after date of hire, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, service awards, identify of theft production and more! Find out which benefits you’ll get after you choose your role with us.
· Life work balance: Paid time off starting at 16 days in your first year of employment plus 10 paid holidays.
· Working Environment: Safe, climate controlled workshop, clean shop, an average tenure over 10 years of service within Voith
· The Engineer I provides design efforts from inception through production both in new product design and in existing product redesign. The Engineer I uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. The Engineer I receives instruction, guidance and direction from others needing a moderate level of guidance and direction. The employee shall be safety oriented.
· Maintain customer, project and drawing files per Engineering Department Standards.
· Operates CAD/CAE equipment to complete work assignments.
· Creates 3D solid models of components and assemblies. Assist Drafters with the use of 3D solid models.
· Create manufacturing drawings of repairs, replacement parts, etc. using customary methods and/or industry standards for machining.
· Review customer source drawings, specification drawings and other applicable specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of the component.
· Interact with manufacturing personnel to define and solve manufacturing/design issues and implement cost reduction ideas with regard to company products.
· Participate in interactions with customers, sales group, engineering and all mechanical services operations for any related issues, problems or improvements.
· Work with the quality department sales and others to define problem areas and implement product improvements based on customer repair/rejection concerns.
· Participate in engineering and general design review as required.
· Prepare proposal documentation.
· Prepare technical data such as standard customer reports and special reports when needed.
· Interact with customers on engineering design and any questions/problems they may have.
· Interact with vendors concerning parts they supply or propose to supply to company.
· Coordinate as required with internal groups including purchasing, quality control, sales, shop, scheduling, project management, and accounting personnel.
· Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems and progress as related to work assignments.
· Learn to search for documents, OEM drawings, engineered drawings and resources.
· Perform necessary calculations as required
· Bachelor of engineering degree from four-year accredited college or university. Or a combination of equivalent, relevant experience may be considered in lieu of college degree
· One (1) to five (5) years of relevant manufacturing, engineering or mechanical experience
· Demonstrate effective collaboration teamwork skills
· Ability to multi-task based on business need
· Excellent time management skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.voith.com.