Westinghouse Electric Co
· Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
· If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer on our Reactor Vessel / Containment Vessel Design & Analysis Team based in Cranberry Township, PA.
· Performs a variety of engineering work in support of nuclear power plants
· Software programming including Visual Studio
· Structural evaluation of ASME Section III components including stress and fatigue.
· Fracture Mechanics Analysis including Probabilistic Fracture Mechanics
· Finite Element Analysis using ANSYS preferred
· Willingness to work on New Power Plant Construction site for the initial 3 to 6 months
· Minimum Requirements
· As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
· Bachelors degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering Required .
· Minimum 3.0 GPA strongly preferred
· Experience with ASME Section III and Section XI criteria preferred (not required)
· Experience with ASTM Code preferred (not required)
· Experience with FEA and ANSYS/ABAQUS preferred (not required)
· 0-3 years of applicable experience required
· An initial assignment for 3-6 months at a domestic nuclear plant construction site will be required.
· Why Westinghouse?
· Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
· Safety and Quality
· Integrity and Trust
· Customer Focus and Innovation
· Speed and Passion to Win
· Teamwork and Accountability
· Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
· 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
· Paid Vacations and Holidays
· Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
· Educational Reimbursement Program
· Employee Referral Program
To apply for this job please visit careers.westinghousenuclear.com.